Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rugby is sick

So just as it seems my horse is sound, now he's sick. Not sure exactly what. Could be a reaction to one of his spring shots or something else. Poor boy has swelling along his tummy and sheath and today has diarrhea. Vet has been watching him and did blood work today. My poor sweet boy. I just came back from checking on him and he was laying down quietly in his stall and so were almost all the other horses! I guess 11:00PM is bedtime at this barn ;) At least he was quiet, not rolling or in distress. Will go there again in the morning and check on him again. I wish I could just sleep in the barn and stay with him all night.

9 comments:

wilsonc said...

Hope you get some sleep tonight and don't spend the night worrying. Worrying is NOT productive. Hope your boy gets well soon. I am having mine looked at in the morning. Mysterious lump on neck.

OnTheBit said...

Awww...poor guy. I hope that he is feeling better this morning.

Anonymous said...

Reaction to insect bites? But it sounds too bad for that - good luck figuring it out and hope he feels better soon.

Jean said...

Could be a reaction to the shots or, as Kate suggests, to bugs. Once, years ago, my TB had some strange swelling on his belly/sheath like that. Never did figure it out, but he was fine in about two days or so.

Hugs to you and Riley.

jme said...

poor guy! we just had one have a colicky reaction after vaccines. hope it's nothing too serious and he gets well soon :-(

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i am so sorry! jessie experienced something similar last october and i blogged about it with photos if you want to see if the swelling along the stomach looks the same...i think she got stung by bees and her udders were not swollen but all around was so large and scary! good luck!!!

Once Upon an Equine said...

I hope it is nothing serious and passes quickly. Hugs to Rugby...feel better soon...you are worrying your mom.

Promise said...

I've given you a "Beautiful Blogger" award. Come visit my blog to grab the image :)

Security News Media said...

Hello, I apologize for contacting you in this fashion, but I think you might be interested in submitting your site to my new sports directory…at thesportszone.org

I'm assuming comments are moderated so when I click submit this post won't automatically appear on site, if it does, I again apologize.