Friday, August 24, 2012

Pictures from Joey & I at our first Horse Show

Well, they were pricey, and it's taken awhile but I caved in and bought two of the pictures from Joey's first Horse Show. They arrived the other day and now seems like the best time to share them here. Both pictures are ©Bruce Smith of Digital Hoofprints.


We competed in the English Hunter Pleasure horse division. I know, he's a little too "framed up" for a pleasure hunter flat class. Too many years in the Hunt Seat Equitation ring, LOL.


Here we are in the line-up. He looks so cute here. 

There was only one other competitor in the classes besides me. Actually, we were joking with each other when were entering the ring that everyone else was afraid to ride against us!

But for my first horse show experience with Joey, I didn't care. It was a great day as I posted before and  I don't know about you, but my pony looks pretty happy with himself in both shots!

I know I was very proud of him!



7 comments:

Michelle said...

You both look terrific. Nice match! And you are right, he seems so relaxed and happy. Don't let what you learned from his past influence his present or his future. Very nice looking horse with a pleasant expression.

Lisa said...

He's so pretty!!!

OnTheBit said...

You two look so perfect together! I can't believe how well he fits you! And I am sure it is the first of many shows. I love that it was on the grass! So pretty!

Kate said...

He looks gorgeous! What a lovely boy.

English Rider said...

If I may go off-subject: Do you think I should read Warhorse before I see it on-stage? I have tickets for London Theatre Sept 7th.

SolitaireMare said...

to English Rider: I held off reading the book until after I saw the play. I wanted to see the play and marvel at it's creativeness without subconsciously comparing to the original story. As soon as I saw the play I read the book. However, I was glad I'd read the book and seen the play before I saw the movie!

Unknown said...

What a cutie ;) Love his markings! You two look great together!