Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Lesson made an Impression

So, a week after Rugby's "boot camp" session in Natural Horsemanship training, he's still retaining it all very well! I'm impressed with how he is responding to me while I work with him on the exercises T.S. wanted me to work on. I've only been able to work with him on the line two times since last Saturday with the holiday and having a touch of some kind of stomach bug but each time left us with a successful session and me feeling more satisfied and empowered.

T.S. is coming back on June 8th to work with us again. I'm so looking forward to it and the feedback from him that I'm continuing to get this right.

I was going to take some pictures of him to share today but was tired by the time I finished up. I'll try again tomorrow.

6 comments:

English Rider said...

Very happy to hear your positive news.

OnTheBit said...

I am so happy to hear that!!! I hope he shapes up to be a wonderful mount for you!

Jean said...

Good news. A good horse starts on the ground as far as I am concerned.

Kenny Harlow (John Lyons trainer) has his students spend hours doing ground exercises before they ride. It really makes a difference.

I am so glad to hear Rugby is responding well. It's pretty clear he is a good horse who just needs some training under his belt. It sounds as if you have already made some great progress.

Anonymous said...

That is so good that the work the trainer did is sticking - it sounds like communications are improving in both directions!

wilsonc said...

Excellent. Glad your making progress and hope your feeling better.

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Great to hear that the 'homework' is going so well!