Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recent Rides

I've been riding as often as I can this past month. Below are pictures of the horse I've been half-boarding at the stable where my riding coach teaches from. The girl who owns this horse is great and we have a good rapport in texting our riding schedule out each week, LOL. The big bay is the horse I nicknamed "Ruby". He's about 19 years old and is a "been there, jumped that" old show horse. He's a great horse to ride and a real gentleman.





And this is a horse I tried out while vacationing in Lancaster, PA with my family. I really liked this big (17 hands!)fellow and he needs a home. I would love to make an offer for him but it's not that simple. He was a sweet guy, under different circumstances I know I'd probably be calling him mine. Anyone in PA looking for a nice big horse that just needs care and a job? I'll give you the details.



8 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Look at you out there riding away! You Go Girl!! That bay sure is sweet looking. And the big red horse- wow. He looks like a mighty nice feller too. Nice stride on him!!

Great to see you back in the saddle!!

Jean said...

So happy to see you riding!

Ruby looks really sweet. How nice that you have managed to connect up to share him with his owner. Looks like a good option until you can sort out your situation to again have your own horse.

The chestnut looks nice too. He's a good sign that there is a horse out there for you when the time comes.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Wow, you are finding some nice horses to ride. Both are beautiful Enjoy!

JennyB said...

I'm thrilled to see you riding too! I think for some of us, once we've got that bug, we just can't be completely right somehow if we don't find some kind of horsey outlet. And both horses are so lovely in their own ways!

~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers

Unknown said...

That chestnut looks really familiar, do you know his show name?

SolitaireMare said...

Hi Amanda, the chestnut horses' barn name is Billy. I don't know his papered or show name. Do you know a horse in PA who looks like him?

Unknown said...

I just feel like I've seen him at some shows in Central PA before... but there are a lot of chestnuts in the area, lol.

Cousin B said...

You look fantastic out there! I wish I could look that good in the seat. Glad to see you riding again.