Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 2 - 30 Day Horse Challlenge: The last time you rode a horse and what you did


Happy Easter wishes to all!

Day 02 - The last time you rode a horse and what you did
.


I'm not going to count the actual last time I "rode" a horse, as it was just after mounting and ended with unfortunate results. That's not a "ride" as I see it.

The last time I rode a horse was when I came to care for and ride dear, sweet Ruby. That's him and me in the picture above. If you are just catching up with my blog, Ruby is the old former A-circuit show horse that my trainer asked if I would like to half board. Ruby is amazing and sweet and a pleasure to ride. His owner is also wonderful to work with and The past 8 months or so I've been half boarding him with her have been stress free.

Ruby and I did our usual ride in the field behind the main riding arena. I was so thrilled the frozen ground and warmer weather were beginning and I could ride outside again.

But it also brought on my feelings of wanting a horse of my own, and to have the warmer weather and spring/summer months to work with the horse and form a partnership. So I started shopping and that turned out to be yet another mistake.

As for my knee, I completed day 2 of physical therapy. I have gotten more flexion and I'm happier for that but when the therapist tried to get me on the stationary bike to try and loosen the joint, it was NOT happening. My knee won't complete the rotation without strong pain. I really tried, we even raised the seat way up but no go. :(

Tomorrow I go again. My goal is this knee is going to rotate by Friday.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Didn't quite appreciate how much of a beauty Ruby is from the other pics. This one is particularly flattering.

So, what you need is a younger Ruby of your own. Gotta love that kind of horse.

As for the knee...a bit of patience with that rotation. If something is still swollen or "catching" in there, you need to take it a little more slowly. (Just called myself to make an appointment with a knee replacement surgeon for a consultation...so I'm still there with ya!)

SolitaireMare said...

Jean - You are right, that's what the therapist thought, that something was "catching" (her exact words) and she didn't want me to force it. I get impatient because I know so much depends on getting this knee able to flex again. But I'll be careful. ;)

And if you go for the consult, let me know what they think! I'm interested in information from all sources now. :)