Friday, May 30, 2008

Countdown to...

Well, I'm almost there. Tomorrow is the scheduled Vineyard ride. (Vineyard Ride 2008) Horse and I are in pretty good shape. Still need to pack the truck and trailer after work tonight. I gave him the spa treatment last night, clipping and trimming, pulling his mane, a bit of a curry and using the dry spot cleaner to remove his lovely brown stains here and there.

Now I am waiting to get the verdict on whether it will be held tomorrow, Saturday as posted or if it will be changed to the raindate of Sunday, as has happened at this event every year since they began organizing it. According to all the weather forecasts, tommorrow is not looking like the best day out of the two, however, we are all well aquainted with the stunning "accuracy" of the weather forecasts. (Sarcasm, much?)

Personally, I'm hoping for Sunday, then I will have all day Saturday to really be ready to go. I also wish I knew because I want to be able to give my babysitter a definite on exactly which day I need her all day. She knows I needed her to hold both days and I'd update her but the sooner I know, the better for us all!

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The Vineyard ride sounds like fun, hope the weather holds, but I think Sunday is your best bet. I hadn't heard about the Vineyard rides it must be something fairly recent, have fun no matter which day you get to go.

SolitaireMare said...

Thanks grey horse! They have been organizing these tours for the last 4 or 5 years. It's a great way to spend a day. I'm going to try to get photos this year, and I'll be sure to share!! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

I hope you have a great ride whichever day it turns out to be. lol