Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blown Away

Here in NY the wind has been crazy! It's all over the news today of wind-related issues. Some of the gusts have been over 50 MPH. Hope everyone is safe and sound out there.

My boyz were supposed to have their riding lessons tonight but it doesn't look good with the windy conditions. Trainers don't want the ponies spooking at the strange noises in the indoor with the wind.

And we're progressing with the pre-purchase exam for the colt. Should happen some time next week.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Windy here in NJ too. I went out to my car to get something this morning and was almost blown off my feet. Incredible.

My horses were spooky just standing in the paddock. Obviously I didn't try to ride either.

I think your "boyz" trainer is being very wise, as disappointing as it may be.

Eager to hear about that colt.

SolitaireMare said...

Hi Jean! Thanks for the comment - yep, lessons were cancelled. One of the trainers called and said she just wasn't comfortable teaching such little beginners like my guys with all the wind, just too risky that something would scare the ponies. The "Master" had to agree so my kids lost out on another lesson.

They were disappointed, but we have a whole spring and summer ahead of us, another missed lesson or two won't hurt.

:)