Friday, July 31, 2009

My 201st Post and I Rode my Horse!

Not a lot of time to post this morning, will try to give the deets later but my session yesterday with T.S. was another great workout and I rode again for a short time! It felt so good to get back in the saddle and it also was interesting to watch T.S. ride Rugby first. I've never actually seen my horse under saddle with another rider!

I'm also very tempted at this point to give my trainer's actual name and post his web page. I'm that pleased with his skill and would like to really give him the credit I feel he deserves. I know that for every trainer there are a bunch of opinions but I've never once heard anything negative about T.S. and he tends to impress those who observe him at work.

And this is my 201st post! How did I get this far, LOL?! So much has happened and changed from my very first post, especially my respect for the Natural Horsemanship training methods. I have enjoyed this equestrian journey and being able to note it and share it with all of you.

More later about the lesson! Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

WhoooHOOOO!! Ride ON girl!!

Once Upon an Equine said...

Great news! I'm happy all is going well for you and Rugby. Looking forward to 201 more posts.

jill said...

That's great you rode! I just rode my 6 year old gelding in a 3 day clinic with a natural horse kind of guy. It's always a great learning experience. There was a dressage rider there who said to me, that she learned more in 3 days riding with him than in all the years she's been riding with conventional trainers.

SolitaireMare said...

jill - ah, but you rode with Mark Rashid, who was suggested to me through the blogs and as I read his writings I am very impressed with his expression of horsemanship. I envy your experience to ride with him!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

kudos to you! i am glad you are happy and yes, i love seeing other riders (good ones only) on my horses. such a learning experience!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ride and your horse's progress! Very exciting!

Horseypants said...

Sometimes when I mention my trainer I link to her website. Why not ask if it's ok w/ him? Most people are glad to get publicity, as long as you don't say anything negative. Of course now I also am curious and want to know who it is.

Jean said...

Wonderful news! Now, don't spare the details when you have the time. I'm all ears...or eyes since I don't read with my ears. *G*

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Great news!

(of course all this time I thought you were riding with a poet - t.s. elliot).

:)

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Awesome!! Very, very happy for you!

jill said...

Yes, you're right. But how lucky you are to find someone you trust that will come to you on a regular basis!
So I envy you, that your trainer is so close!! So, I guess we're even in our envy..in a good way!
;-)