Wednesday, August 15, 2012

OMG! I found him!

More searching with Google and more studying Joey's stifle. The more I look the more I'm convinced there is a brand there. It looks like a hot brand but the faint outline is there. It's hard to capture on my phone's camera but in person it is there.

So this morning I'm Googling some more and then it happens, I open a web page and there is my horse's sale page! My hands start shaking as I scroll down and I have this lump in my throat looking at all the pictures of him - foxhunting!! I watched his sale video, and he is still the same lovely horse.

It's definitely him. One thing about a painted pony is the markings don't lie. I can't believe it took me a year to actually do this. (Yes, this past August 4th it was one year ago I found my Good Horse) I guess I just took all information given to me on faith and was just so happy that Joey was so good to me. After what I went through I didn't want more than that. But this faint brand marking has stirred my curiosity.

I emailed the farm where he came from asking for any information they are willing to share about him. And I told them at the very least, I just wanted them to know he's safe, loved and has a forever home. I wonder if they'll answer me.

Click the link, and meet "Rembrandt" - now known as Joey.


10 comments:

K.K. said...

That is AWESOME! I love it!

Researching and finding out about your horses history is so fun! I remember the day when I found my OTTB's old race videos and records. I was so excited! I even was able to get some of his win pictures and get in contact with his breeders, who I still keep in contact with!

allhorsestuff said...

This was the best!!
Loved how they wrote him up by discipline...there's nothing this wonderful horse can't do!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

How wonderful to find his registration info. We had a TB, that we bought as a 13 year old, bomb proof and trustworthy on the trail. He came from a trail and endurance ranch where he was used as a trail horse for guests. I never thought about him otherwise until I found a jockey club tattoo on his lip and looked him up. Like you, it was wildly exciting to find him. He was born at the same breeding farm as Sea Biscuit, sold as a yearling for a lot of money, failed miserably at the track, and went on to be a happy trail horse.
Also, I think its interesting how Joey's markings are almost identical to Flash's. Beautiful boys!

OnTheBit said...

Awww...love that! So happy that you found his original owners! Now the question is if you keep his original show name for luck (and potential AWS awards)...

Lisa said...

That is just amazing! I'm really really excited for you! He is lovely.

Jean said...

Wow! What an amazing discovery. My goodness they were certainly proud of him. So much praise.

And now, he has proven himself to you. What a lucky boy to have found you, and you to have found him.

twhlady said...

Wow congrats! I hope they are willing to give you any information that they have. Maybe they know a way to track down his papers for you or know how to get a new set.

jill said...

My next horse will have fox hunting experience I decided. If they can foxhunt quietly and steadily I figure there isn't much that can rattle them. They are good for trail riding, cross country and jumping...now you know why your horse is such a superstar!!

RiderWriter said...

Very nice Sales page, you certainly get a feeling for your Good Horse! :-)

I am a bit confused, though: how is it that you didn't know where Joey came from already? This page is from just a few years ago so I wouldn't think he's had time to change hands THAT many times, but I guess in the horse world you never know...

Justaplainsam said...

This is so awesome, Im so glad for you. I hope they reply soon!