Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Physical Therapy - bring it!

I begin Physical Therapy this afternoon to start my right knee back to being a willing partner to the left one.

Yesterday was my visit with the Orthopedic Surgeon and I liked his demeanor very much. I also like that we have common ground as his young daughter rides horses! He immediately got me out of the knee immobilizer brace and into a flexible brace, the kind with the opening for my kneecap and the metal bars and hinges on the sides. He wants me to get this knee back to complete flexibility again before we seriously discuss surgery for the ACL. I'm all for that.

So, PT for 2 weeks and another appointment for him to check my progress. Sounds good to me.

And because I'm a sucker for punishment, I still look at horses, and dream. THIS is exactly the kind of horse I'll be looking for whenever I return to the saddle:

TOP GUN

5 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Good news! And I'm so happy that you are still dreaming about horses. Its the first step back.

Jean said...

What a nice horse. Exactly the kind I'd want if I were in the market again...although I think I do have the smaller version of one.

So surgery for the ACL is still an option? If so, go for it. Had I done reconstructive years ago on mine, I'd not be in line for replacements now. It will be a long haul, but worth it in the end.

Justaplainsam said...

My best friend is just recovering from surgery to her ACL. She hopes to be on her horse in another month or two (she had surgery a month ago) and showing by the end of the summer. You wont be off your feet long!

Dreaming said...

Nice horse. Reminds me of my big chestnut from high school days. He was a super animal and would be perfect for you. Too bad we didn't save some cells so we could clone him!
Your appointment sounds really promising. Good luck. Glad you can be more mobile!

allhorsestuff said...

You sound great!
I am happy that recovery is underway ...and also for your horse loving heart!
Top Gun looks to be a great partner, sweet shot of them!