Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wishes and Horses

Horse passed the vetting yesterday. He passed for the general exam, hoof testing and all flexion tests. He passed on the X-ray pulled of a bump on one ankle. He passed his metabolic blood test and I am waiting for the pre-purchase drug test result (taken as a precaution, my trainer and the vet feels there should be nothing of concern there). Price of horse is firm, I either accept or I don't.

Last night to clear my head, I took the whole family out for ice cream. We've been having some thundery, stormy weather from the heat yesterday and there were big grey clouds in the skies above the ice cream shop. And there, clear as could be, in front of the clouds above the store was a rainbow! I pointed it out and my kids immediately got to wishing.

Me too. Rainbows can only be good omens, I'm taking it as a bit of a push from the divine to just do this.

17 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Great news!

Promise said...

I have my fingers crossed that whatever outcome your heart truly wants happens. :)

Now Thats A Trot! said...

Good luck. :)

IanH said...

Pictures, soon, I hope!

Lisa said...

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit!! You won't regret it! :)

What an expensive addiction we have. Can't be happy without a horse of our own!

Barbara said...

:-)

Net said...

Congratulations! It sure sounds like you have yourself a new horse who happens to be a great fit for you!

Jean said...

And perhaps he can have "Rainbow" in his show name....

I do indeed think that often the heavens do tell us what we should do. You have been looking and waiting for so long and been through so much...somehow I think the angels might be smiling on this purchase.

wilsonc said...

:0)

Kelly said...

Anxious for more good news and pictures!

jill said...

Ya know, on the drive home from going to buy Scout, a bald eagle flew right over my car windshield and swooped skywards....I took it as a good omen....just sayin....rainbows...eagles...

Dreaming said...

Good luck... decisions are so hard! But, you'll know if this is right for you! You probably already know!!!

Anonymous said...

He sounds like just the thing and that all the tests so far have gone well - keeping fingers crossed for you!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds good. I hope everything works out well.

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

You just reminded me of the saying:

"If Wishes were Horses, then Beggars would Ride"

~Lisa

Mare said...

YAY!!!

Once Upon an Equine said...

Rainbows and ice cream...good things are happening.