Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Made it through Irene

It was nerve wracking to go through that storm. I didn't sleep at all that entire night. I have several very big old trees around my home and nervous didn't even begin to describe how I was feeling. Once I started hearing about the tornado watches and warnings I was a mess.

But the good news is we never lost power, all the big trees stayed firmly in their places and my family and Joey were safe and secure. Irene did a lot of damage in the surrounding area and I hope those people get some level of normal back very soon.

I went to the barn last night to see how Joey was and he was fine and comfy. I took him for a ride and we enjoyed the cool and refreshing air that has come into our area after the storm. Even not being ridden for 3-4 days he was still Joey, no surprises. I keep smiling each time he just does everything right. He's got all the right stuff to be a Good Horse!

Speaking of which, the Chronicle of the Horse shared this on their FaceBook page and I thought this was so great that I wanted to share here with everyone. Now THIS is a Good Horse!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That certainly is a good horse!

So glad you all survived the storm OK.

Boss Mare Eventing said...

Glad you made it out ok!

Dreaming said...

Glad all is well with you. I used to live in a pine forest and the wind would set me on edge - no sleep for me either on nights like you just had!
Loved the video!

Promise said...

Love it.

I saw some of the damage in areas of VT I used to visit as a kid and it just breaks my heart. I am definitely glad that it slowed down so much and that the damage is minor compared to what it could have been.

Now Thats A Trot! said...

Glad to hear you and Joey are safe!

Kate said...

It's good to know the blog title still fits, eh?

Once Upon an Equine said...

Glad you are alright and didn't have any damage and that your trees are still standing. And very glad Joey is such a gem.

Jean said...

So happy to hear all is well and that Joey still continues to be even better than a Good horse!

Great video. Talk about a true hero. That horse is better than good too!

Jen said...

That's a super horse :o) The "waiting" is the worst of it to me (that and worrying about the horses). We've had several here in south Alabama, but they never really become old hat because each one is different.

Ha; just watching the news as I type this and see that we made the top 5 biggest disaster areas in which to live.
*blows raspberry* :oP Humpf. Well.

Glad to know you and yours made it through in one piece!

allhorsestuff said...

OH I'VE had too much fun this summer...Joey sounds totally great! I'm so happy for you and that your trees and horse and home were spared.

That paint was incredible! Thanks for sharing that. You could tell he got a bit dizzy with the rushing currents, his rider was wise to head him towards it, on and off. Wonderful horse!